Understanding Drug Withdrawal Symptoms
Recover from drug addiction, with Verve Health.
Here at Verve, we see a wide and varied mix of clients, from all walks of life. Since we offer a blended mix of high-end eclectic therapies – at affordable rates – we have a diverse cross-section of society through our doors.
No matter who the client is, no matter how rich, how poor, or how indifferent, they all go through similar things. This is especially true of the clients that come to us to recover from a drug addiction. It is incredibly difficult to get off drugs and the reason for that lies partially in the symptoms of drug withdrawal.
Get Confidential Help Now
Call us for any questions
Why your Body Goes Through Drug Withdrawal
What are the Symptoms of Drug Withdrawal?
- Insomnia – those who are trying to quit taking drugs are liable to have trouble sleeping. If this happens to you while in our care, one of our medical advisors will be able to deal with it in a safe, effective, and subtle manner.
- Dizziness – any drug abstinence can cause a sense of dizziness. This can even feel like tunnel vision, which becomes more intense as the abstinence goes on.
- Headaches – when you go through drug detox, a headache is the most common symptom. Your brain feels like it doesn’t have enough of your chosen drug, so it sends signals to your body that it is unhappy. It feels a lot like a dehydration headache.
- Nausea – any addict in recovery is likely to experience nausea when they first arrive in rehab. This is your brain again, interpreting the normal functioning of your body as a threat because it is used to being high.
- Upset Stomach – since your body is purging itself of toxins, this has to happen somehow. An upset stomach is not uncommon.
- Sweating and shaking – are both very common in the early stages of drug cessation.
Ready to Start?
Click here to start your consultation now
- Hallucinations – When you are in serious drug withdrawal, auditory and visual hallucinations are not unheard of. They are rare for non-opioid addictions.
- Heart Failure – If you have been hooked on hard drugs for a long time, you will need to stagger your detox. This is why we treat heroin addiction with methadone.
- Seizures – again, these only occur in the most serious of addiction cases. If you have been hooked on class A drugs for an extended period, you need to recover in a detox suite at one of our deluxe rehab clinics.
- Delirium – Those who are experiencing deliriousness may or may not appear to have a fever.
- Strokes – If you try to quit cold turkey, on your own, from a serious, long-term addiction, strokes are possible. Particularly if you had other health conditions.
The Symptoms of Heroin Withdrawal
In the case of heroin rehab, it will not be so straightforward. Your medical assessor will introduce a treatment plan that goes through stages. Heroin is so highly addictive that you risk a heart attack if you stop taking it all at once. Instead, your doctors will want to replace your addiction with something slightly less addictive. This way, they can wean you from an addiction that detoxing from will kill, down to an addiction you can detox from with medical supervision.
If you want to discuss your options in high end heroin detox programs, contact our clinics today. We provide luxurious rehab centres in the UK for affordable rates, bringing the eloquence and luxury of celeb rehab to the masses.
Call 0203 955 7703 for more.
Cannabis Addiction Withdrawal Symptoms
Although all addictions are serious, some are easier to quit than others. They are easier to stop because the drugs themselves are less addictive, even though we might get addicted to the way they make us feel. Much like gambling or a video game addiction, those who are addicted to these drugs can overcome their problem with less serious withdrawal symptoms.
Cannabis addicts, and those who take fewer addictive drugs, will tend to experience the milder symptoms of drug withdrawal… but this doesn’t make them any less real. Again, detox and rehab are best done with Verve Health. You will have the support of a group, your own medical staff, and a dedicated team of psychotherapy specialists.
Crystal Meth Withdrawal Symptoms
Crystal Meth and GHB addictions, as well as some prescription drug addictions, can have a mix of serious and mild drug withdrawal symptoms. UK based clients can call the Verve Health rehab clinics to help them to deal with all the symptoms, while in a safe space filled with people in a similar situation to you. There will be no judgement… only a warm welcome, all the support you could ask for, and the promise of a better life at the end of it all.
Are Drug Withdrawal Symptoms and Alcohol Withdrawal Symptoms Different?
Ready to Start?
We are here for any questions
How Long Will I Suffer from Drug Withdrawal Symptoms?
The length of time that you go through drug withdrawal symptoms depends largely on the following things: the length of your addiction, the substance you were addicted to, and how much you took/how often you used it.